Implementation, Design, Development and Maintenance
Vindicet offers expert resources for managing your SharePoint installation, for any industry.
SharePoint Administrator/ Engineer
SharePoint Server farm administrator/Engineer will provide technical support for the SharePoint environment including assessment of the existing setup. installation and setting up of new SharePoint environment, creation and administration of SharePoint Server and sites, implementation of new capabilities, and providing IT with a long-term perspective on the relationship of SharePoint technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
Education/Certifications/Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related area
- 3-5 years’ experience
- MOSS 2007, SharePoint 2010 , 2013
- SharePoint Portal Server / Services
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012 Server
- Microsoft Networking and Support
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of information security and systems administration
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Install, setup and configure Microsoft SharePoint Server (SharePoint 2010 and 2013 Servers
- Support Intranet sites built on SharePoint
- Manage system security, patch update and system upgrades
- Deploy custom developed and third-party SharePoint solution packages
- Manage site quotas and file size limits
- Review and monitoring usage reports
- Manage content databases and creating new ones as required
- Administers and maintains sites and sub-sites
- Manage security for sites and sub-sites
- Manage the site layout structure and content
- Providing SharePoint support to end users
SharePoint / .net development as service:
- Design , code and deliver technical solutions
- Design, develop, and implement quality dynamic SharePoint websites and internal/external SharePoint web applications.
- Develop reusable custom SharePoint controls
- Design and develop data model for SharePoint web applications
- Follow best practices in coding standards
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to clients
- Design scalable solution to meet the client’s goals and budget
Experience and Skills
- 3 to 5 years of SharePoint / .net application development
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013 and MOSS 2007
- SQL Server 2008/2012 and SQL Reporting Services
- Visual Studio IDE for development
- Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications, browser-specific compatibility issues
- Expertise in the design, implementation, and deployment of user-centric software, with focus on usability
- Experience creating 3rd party authentication for external partner portal
SharePoint Site Collection Administration as Service (SharePoint Site Collection Administrator):
- Setup and manage alerts
- Establish and enforce governance rules if none exist, or adhere to corporate rules.
- Manage intranet site/s.
- Compile monthly reports on usage and progress of site collection.
- Establish and maintain a Community of Practice for Site Owners and users in the site collection.
- Create / manage out of box workflows to automate workflow processes.
Business Analysis and Information Architecture
- Analyse current business requirements and map to SharePoint.
- Identify new areas on an ongoing basis where SharePoint can be leveraged.
- Assist users in leveraging Enterprise Features such as Excel Services –
- Analyse file shares for migration to SharePoint.
- Information Architecture:
- Manage permissions – restrict and revoke access as required.
- Create, leverage and manage content types, site columns, lookups and templates for re-use in sites.
- Determine and create scalable structure for top level business unit sites.
- Ensure uniform navigation throughout sites.
- Provide guidance to business units on structure of their sites.
- Create project / document dashboards.
- Customise and maintain landing page to encourage traffic and user adoption.
- Monitor site usage and follow up on dormancy on a monthly basis.
- Monitor to ensure workflow and tasks are working correctly and emails are going out.
- Support and Services :
- First level day to day support for users and other Site Owners
- Error identification, investigation and resolution – escalate to IT.
- Edit and customize pages using SharePoint Designer.
- Assist users in setting up My Sites.